Thursday, August 21, 2014

Gigibug

August 21, 2000 marked the first day I became face to face with motherhood.  My oldest was born and I remember sitting in the hospital room and talking with my brand new little girl.  She came out with spunk and ready to go.  That hasn't changed in 14 years.

I have seen her share a smile with someone having a bad day, reach out as a friend to the friendless, and have a heart for missions.  She may have hit the teen years and rolls her eyes when saying hello, but the core of her is still good as gold. 

And I know there are going to be more days that we count the quality of time and not the quantity of time spent together.  In the new few days she gets her learner's permit.  I think that the new two years will fly by and all I will see of her some days is her taillights.  And she's already planning out her college career.  I am so proud of her, yet for a moment I wish we were back to the days where she was in her baby backpack and we didn't go too far from one another.  Those are the moments I can hold in my heart no matter where she is at.

Happy Birthday, Gretchen!  I love you and am so proud to be your mom!

No comments: