Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stay-at-home?

Believe it or not, this year I am not counting down until the first day of school.  Today I'm just enjoying the last few days of summer with the kids.  It will be the first year since my oldest started kindergarten that they go off to school and I am home.  I am excited for what the school year holds for each of them.  I don't expect it to be all smiley faces, but I do feel more calm than I have before.  We have school clothes ready, backpacks are packed, bus routes are researched, and we have the last minute paperwork ready to go to the school.

I do find it funny that some of them are wanting to play school this week.  Maybe it's like warming up in the batter's cage before a big game?  It's just one of those quirky things that I see.

But again, this year I will not be headed to an office after taking the kids to school.  This isn't a permanent thing, but for now I am a stay-at-home mom.  It is a funny title.  I don't know of a parent who stays at home who actually just stays at home.  I can honestly say I have yet to eat a bon bon.  Shocking but true.  We do have organized closets and have found that the children do have floors in their rooms.  I am also determined to finish my closet renovation that started several months ago.  I help at a friend's store (stop by ReDesign in Springdale across from the convention center for great furniture, home decor, accessories, and more), volunteer, and do lots of laundry.  I'm also secretly plotting to redo the living room although I think the first step is for the childen to get a little older and for me to find gold in the backyard.  For those who are concerned that I am bored, I am anything but that.  My life is full and good.

Yes, this school year will start a little different for me.  And that is a good thing.  Maybe I'll celebrate by eating a bon bon.

No comments: